Daisypath Ticker

Friday, December 09, 2005

gingerbread houses

for work, we had a team retreat-- lunch, meeting, and team building at a restaurant at koolau golf course. the team buiding activity was building gingerbread houses using those kits. each team (6 or 7 teams) had 3 or 4 people.. our team had 3. and we came in 2nd! our boss dubbed ours the "anal retentive team", which made my other team members point their fingers at me. what?!! i'm not that anal... am i? but i only knew these people a couple of hours so that worries me that they came to that conclusion so fast. and besides, they're the ones that made me in charge of the icing! look at this house. does it look like the work of an anal retentive person? i think not! look at the walkway. it's missing a blue m&m on the left front corner. :)

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger nure nezumi said...

Cool, what did you use for icing? I have a hard time with the icing. Were all your coworkers older or were there some around our age? I would think that people would generally be more anal about gingerbread houses than other non-seasonal food buildings so they just need to get with it, I think.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger kristen said...

oh, the kit comes with all the pieces, and the icing too. the icing comes as a powder and you just have to mix it with water. one group mixed in too much water and it couldn't stand up itself so they ended up slathering it all over the roof and sticking random candies everywhere. everyone called that one the "hurricane house". coworkers are mostly older.. most in their 30's and maybe early 40's. one guy is same age as me so that's cool.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Sorry, it does look like an anal house. And the fact that you could point out the missing M & M only reinforces that anal comment. It's okay. We made gingerbread houses at our department party last Friday and I was also told that I was anal. They also told me that I was supposed to have fun building my house, but I was!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home